Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, April 26, 2010

Cherry Peanut Butter Pie

I have had this one for a while and was excited to finally get to make it.  Our youth at church held a Baked Potato Luncheon and so I provided this fabulous looking pie for a dessert.  By the time I got through the line, the prepared slices of my pie were all gone.  However, the very sweet parents who were preparing the dessert plates had hidden a slice in the fridge for me. 
God bless them!

what it takes:
1 1/4 cups pretzels, crushed (i use a blender to crush them)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 (8oz) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 and 1/2 cups frozen whipped dessert topping, thawed
1 (21 oz) can Cherry Pie Filling (strawberry pie filling would be fab too!)

how to make it:
Combine the crushed pretzels and granulated sugar, then stir in the melted butter.  Press the crumb mixture onto the bottom and sides of a 10-inch pie plate. 



Cover and chill.  Beat together the peanut butter, cream cheese and powdered sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed.  Fold in the whipped dessert topping.  Spoon 1/2 cup of the cherry pie filling into the crust-lined pie plate. 


Carefully spread the peanut butter filling over top of the pie filling. 


Top with the remaining pie filling. 

Cover and chill for 2 hours before serving. 
The pretzel pie crust was so good and I think I will use this for many other pies I attempt to make.
I think this would also be delicious with a strawberry topping as well, and may try this the next time I make it.
Enjoy!


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment