Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, January 3, 2011

Meal Planning in 2011

In 2010 I began weekly meal planning, which really helped with eliminating the big "what's for dinner?" question that I was being asked by my husband, my kids and even more importantly, myself !  It also helped me organize our pantry and made grocery shopping trips more productive and efficient, as we actually started saving money because we were sticking to our very detailed list and only buying what we needed for the weeks menu. So, for 2011 I thought I would start sharing our weekly menus and then blogging some recipes that are on the menu for the week after we prepare them.  As my husband will be in Alaska off and on over the next few months, you may notice that the kids and I resort to more "kid friendly" meals while dad is away.  These are fun for the kids and easy for me as playing the role of  mom and dad can some days be totally exhausting!

Menu for the week of January 3, 2011

Monday 1/3/11
BLT sandwiches
Spanish Rice
Tortilla Chips and Salsa

Tuesday 1/4/11
Chili Dogs
Mac and Cheese
Green Beans

Wednesday 1/5/11
Fish Sticks
Whole Kernel Corn
Sweet Potatoes - Mashed

Thursday 1/6/11
Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
Green Beans
Garlic Bread

Friday 1/7/11
Dinner out or Left overs (Dillon has a basketball tournament)

Saturday 1/8/11
Lunch: Frozen Pizza
Dinner: Chicken Swiss Bundles (will blog this recipe)

Sunday 1/9/11
Fettuccine Chicken Alfredo
Green Beans
Garlic Bread
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment