|Sweet and Sour Chicken|
*note: As written, this recipe Serves 2-4. If you have a large family like I do, you will need to double!
PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 boneless chicken breasts cut into chunks
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch, mixed with 4 teaspoons water
- 1 cup pineapple cut into chunks with 1/2 cup reserved juice
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
How to make it!
In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Season chicken with salt, pepper and ginger and add to pan. Brown chicken and remove to plate. Next add the onion, red and green peppers and cook for 1 minute. Stir in pineapple chunks, juice, sugar, vinegar and chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Simmer until sauce begins to reduce. Stir in cornstarch mixture and bring the liquid to a simmer. Stir in chicken and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Serve over white rice with a side of egg rolls and enjoy!
|Sauteing veggies and pineapple|
|A delicious dinner !|