Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Baked Slow Cooker Chicken
The Must Haves:
1 (2-3 pound) whole chicken
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon paprika
injectable liquid marinade (optional)
The How To:
1. Wad three pieces of aluminum foil into 3 to 4 inch balls and place them in the bottom of the slow cooker.
2. Rinse the chicken, inside and out, under cold running water. Pat dry with paper towels. Season the chicken with salt, pepper and paprika. If desired, inject the bird with liquid marinade.
3. Place bird in a baking dish and brown on Low broil before putting into the slow cooker. (Be careful not to burn.)
4. After bird is browned place it in the slow cooker on top of the crumbled aluminum foil.
5. Cook on high for 4 hours or until the chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear.
** I added some additional spices to my salt, pepper, paprika rub to add more flavor to the bird and I also basted the bird throughout the cooking process. Very yummy, cheap and easy!