Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

7-up Biscuits


Simple.  Quick.  Melt in your Mouth.  My kind of biscuit!

I cut these with a knife because I didn't have a biscuit cutter handy, so mine aren't that pretty and were more like drop biscuits than neatly cut out biscuits.  They tasted the same, however, and went well with the Penne with Roasted Asparagus. 


the recipe:
2 cups Bisquick
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup 7-up
1/4 cup melted butter

Preheat oven to 450.
Cut sour cream into biscuit mix, add 7-Up. Makes a very soft dough.
Sprinkle additional biscuit mix on board or table and pat dough out. Melt 1/4 cup butter in a 9 inch square pan.  Place cut biscuits in pan and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.




Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. These do look fluffy-I guess it is the soda. I will need to try the soda technique, great results in little time. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why, but I have an obsession with cooking with soda. I think it's because the bubbles make me feel like a scientist. I'll have to try these biscuits.

    ReplyDelete