What you need:
2 pie crusts (I use Pillsbury refrigerated crusts, two come in a pkg)
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 small to medium Russet potatoes
1/2 can peas
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 stalk of celery
1/4 cups of milk
salt and pepper to taste
How to make it:
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Prepare crusts according to directions.
2. Put chicken in a pot of boiling water and boil for about 10 minutes. In the mean time, peel your carrots and potatoes (I leave the skin on my potatoes) and cut up, along with the stalk of celery and add to the boiling chicken. Boil for another 5-7 minutes until veggies are slightly tender.
3. Remove the boiling pot from heat and drain. Remove the chicken and cut up into pieces.
4. Mix together the chicken, carrots, potatoes, celery, peas, chicken soup, milk, salt and pepper.
5. After mixture is combined, place in the prepared pie plate. Place second pie crust on top and pinch edges together.
6. Cut slits in the top of the crust.
7. Cook for 30-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown and mixture is bubbly.
*You may want to cover your crust edges the last 15-20 minutes of baking to avoid burnt edges!
|Mixture combined and placed in pie plate with bottom crust|
|Add top crust, pinch edges together and cut slits in top crust|
|Bake, Slice and Dig In!|
|just a little glimpse of our town today after a whole bunch of this white stuff got dumped on us during the night! A little winter wonderland in Wyoming this weekend!|