I love the fact that on the weekends I can chop up a few ingredients and throw them into a pot that will cook my dinner for me, allowing me to have a day to clean, play or even nap (yeah, right!). The Crock-Pot, what a fabulous invention! ....and this soup, well it was DELICIOUS!
What you need for this fabulous soup:
6 large russet potatoes, peeled and diced
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 quart chicken broth
1/4 cup of butter, sliced
salt and pepper to taste
bread bowls (optional)
*1 cup heavy whipping cream
*1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
*wait to add these ingredients AFTER soup has finished cooking
Optional Toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, bacon, chives
1. Wash, peel and cut up your potatoes and onion and put in your crock pot.
2. Mince your garlic and add to the pot.
3. Add broth, butter, salt and pepper to pot.
5. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
6. After mixture has finished cooking, mash potatoes with potato masher. (Soup will be lumpy)
7. Add whipping cream and cheddar cheese and stir until blended.
8. Place in bread bowl, if desired, and top with your favorite toppings!