Sunday, September 18, 2011
Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies
The only thing I changed up was instead of two cups of the Milk Chocolate Chips I used one cup of the Milk Chocolate and one cup of some white chocolate chips I had on hand that needed to be used. The combo of the white and milk chocolate was pretty yumtastic...just ask my kids!
2 1/4 cups unsifted flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chips
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Stir flour with baking soda and salt; set aside.
3. Beat butter with sugar and brown sugar at medium speed until creamy.
4. Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed until incorporated.
5. Gradually blend dry mixture into cream mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts (if desired).
6. Drop by tablespoons onto greased cookie sheets.
7. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.